FUNDRAISING & AWARENESS EVENTS
Join The Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama
Breast Cancer Awareness Month Community Events
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation Of Alabama Is Partnering With Over 25 Businesses and Organizations Across The State To Raise Funds For Lifesaving Research
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month and Alabama is going pink! The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRFA) is partnering with over 25 businesses to support lifesaving, innovative research happening right here in Alabama.
Proceeds from the community events and promotions fuel the most promising and innovative breast cancer research happening in Alabama. All funding stays in the state, but the impact is worldwide.
If you’re looking to join the fight against breast cancer, join us at one of these 2022 Breast Cancer Awareness Month community events:
- CahabaQue (Birmingham) – On Sunday, October 9, Cahaba Brewing Company and the BCRFA for BBQ, beer, and bragging rights at the CahabaQue BBQ cook-off. Guests will enjoy all-you-can-eat samples from each team’s BBQ offerings, craft beer, and live music. All proceeds benefit the BCRFA. Tickets and info at cahabaque.com.
- Calera Goes Pink (Calera) – Join the City of Calera as they go pink to support breast cancer research in Alabama throughout the month of October. This city-wide event includes the Calera High School vs. Helena football game on Friday, October 14 and a golf tournament at Timberline Golf Club on Sunday, October 16. Details at caleragoespink.com.
- Pink Up The Pace 5K and Fun Run (Mountain Brook) – On Sunday, October 23, lace up your sneakers to raise funds and awareness for local, life-saving breast cancer research at the 5th Annual Pink Up the Pace 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run presented by Vulcan Materials Company. Runners and walkers of all ages are welcome in both events. Stick around for post-race fun with music, refreshments, and children’s activities including face painting, a petting zoo, and an inflatable obstacle course. All proceeds benefit the BCRFA. Registration and info at bcrfa.org/events/putp.
- ARC Realty “Blue Goes Pink” (statewide) – ARC Realty will donate $25 for each new property listing in October while encouraging employees and agents to raise funds and awareness.
- Bertolone’s Classic Italian (Calera) – Throughout October, Bertolone’s Classic Italian is donating $1 for every slice of strawberry cake sold. Patrons can also purchase a pink ribbon ($1) in honor or memory of a loved one to be displayed in the restaurant.
- Crossfit Chelsea “Fight Like a Girl” (Chelsea) – On October 2, join CrossFit Chelsea for a fitness competition at Talladega Speedway to raise funds and awareness for the BCRFA. Learn more.
- The Depot (Auburn) – A portion of pink drinks sold at The Depot in October will support the BCRFA.
- H&H | Headwear & Haircare (online) – Five percent of sales from H&H’s Breast Cancer Survivors satin lined baseball caps will be donated to the BCRFA through the end of Novemeber. Customers can use promo code BCRFA for free shipping through October.
- J. McLaughlin “Think Pink” Sip & Shop (Mountain Brook) – On October 20, J. McLaughlin will donate 15% of all sales from their location at The Summit to the BCRFA. Patrons will also enjoy complimentary sparkling water, Prosecco, and light bites while they shop.
- Jeep Girl Mafia Show & Shine (Moody) – Join Jeep lovers from across the state on October 8 from 1 PM – 4 PM at Oh Sherri Pub for a Jeep Show and Shine and raffle with a portion of proceeds supporting the BCRFA.
- Pink Ribbon Project (fire departments statewide) – Sixteen fire stations from Hoover to Eufaula will sell specially designed Pink Ribbon Project t-shirts throughout October.
- Renasant Bank (statewide) – Twenty-four Renasant branches are raising funds through community fundraisers, t-shirt sales, and donations from the public and to support the BCRFA and Alabama breast cancer research. Renasant Mortgage will also donate $50 per mortgage closed during October.
- Standard Heating, Cooling & Plumbing (Birmingham area) – Throughout October, Standard Heating, Cooling & Plumbing will donate $5 per service ticket to the BCRFA.
- Step One Automotive Group (Bessemer/Birmingham) – Step One invites community members to come sign their pinked-out car all month long at their Bessemer dealership or at CahabaQue on October 9 or Pink Up The Pace on October 23. They will donate $1 for every signature to the BCRFA, up to $5,000.
- Stokes Automotive (Clanton) – Stokes Automotive will donate $100 for every car sold during October.
- Texas Roadhouse (Pelham) – Throughout October, customers can buy a special edition breast cancer awareness giftcards and/or t-shirt at the Texas Roadhouse Pelham location. Fifteen percent of sales will go to the BCRFA.
- Wet Willie’s (Mobile) – Stop in to Wet Willie’s on October 15 (7 PM – midnight) for drinks, munchies and more and a portion of your purchase will be donated to the BCRFA, or drop in anytime in October to snag Wet Willies pink ribbon merch benefitting the BCRFA.
- Wind Creek Casino & Hotel “Make a Change” (Wetumpka) – Wind Creek Wetumpka guests are encouraged to donate their change throughout October with all proceeds supporting the BCRFA.
Can’t find something near you? You can always support the BCRFA with a donation, purchase the Breast Cancer Research license plate, snag some pink apparel at the BCRFA shop, or host your own fundraiser.
Calera Goes Pink!
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama is excited to announce the 12th Annual Calera Goes Pink celebration, raising awareness and funds for breast cancer research across Alabama.
Join us at these events in August and October to show your spirit and support for breast cancer patients and survivors in Alabama.
Calera Goes Pink Events
- Disc Golf Goes Pink (Saturday, August 13) – This event brings disc golfers in Calera and beyond together to compete for a great cause at Oliver Park and the new George W. Roy Recreational Park!
- Calera Goes Pink Football Game (Friday, October 14) – Cheer on Calera High School in your Calera Goes Pink t-shirt.
- Calera Goes Pink Golf Tournament presented by Active Air of Calera (Sunday, October 16 • 1 PM Shotgun Start) – Grab your clubs and head to Timberline Golf Club. Individuals and foursomes welcome (full details here). Mail completed registration form (below) and $120 per person made payable to BCRFA to: BCRFA “Calera Goes Pink” 2485 Robert Lane, Birmingham, AL 35243.
2022 Calera Goes Pink T-Shirt
CahabaQue BBQ Cook-Off
- Cahaba Brewing Co.
- 4500 5th Ave South, Building C, Birmingham, Alabama 35222
Join us for a day of BBQ, beer, and bragging rights at CahabaQue on Sunday, October 9, at Cahaba Brewing Co.
This annual BBQ cook-off features teams of backyard grillers and professionals alike. Guests can try all-you-can-eat samples from each team’s BBQ offerings and vote for their favorite while enjoying craft beer and live music. Gates open at 12:00 PM for VIP guests and 1:00 PM for general admission guests. The event runs until 4:00 PM or until the ‘que runs out. Make a day of it and hang out with us for a great cause: supporting breast cancer research happening right here in Alabama.
All event proceeds fuel lifesaving breast cancer research across the state—the key to finding new treatments and ultimately a cure for this disease. Join us in funding research and saving lives!
Tickets on sale August 4! Cook team and vendor registration opening soon.
To view the Fall 2022 CahabaQue Sponsorship Opportunities, click here.
Questions? Please reach out!